INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) UNIT
The ICT Unit of the Federal Ministry of Finance was formed in August 2005 as part of the Public Service Reforms. The unit which is responsible for all ICT related matters started operation in September, 2005. It is headed by an Assistant Director and has a total number of 26 staff.
Provide a sustainable enterprise-wide information system in the Ministry that will enhance fast, easy and cheap access to information within and outside the Ministry.
Provide maintenance services on all Hardware, Software, Local Area Network (LAN) and other ICT related infrastructure of the Ministry.
Provide blueprint or proposal for the process of re-engineering and transformation of the Federal Ministry’s manual methods into automated functional systems;
Develop in-house capacity to operate and manage the vast ICT resources in the Ministry through hands on training.
Maintain an update the Ministry’s website and provide unhindered connectivity to the global information community;
Maintain the Ministry’s database;
Coordinate the Integrated Financial and Economic Management Information System (IFEMIS);
Support other service-wide projects that share or collaborate information process with the Ministry;
Offer technical support to Departments, Units, Sections and individual user;
Advise the management at all levels on the need for constant update of ICT infrastructure;
Supervise the implementation of ICT capital projects for the Ministry;
Represent the Ministry on all ICT related Fora.
Anti- Corruption Unit
The Independent Corrupt Practices and other related Offences Commission (ICPC) was established by the Corrupt Practices and other related offences Act of 13th June, 2000. Thereafter Government approved the setting up of an Anti-Corruption Unit in each Ministry as a result of which the Anti-Corruption Unit of the Federal Ministry of Finance was established.
- Receive information about act of corrupt practices in the Ministry.
- Intimate the Hon. Minister/Permanent Secretary with such information and seek approval to conduct preliminary investigation
- Investigate the alleged offence
- Write report of the investigation and forward same to ICPC through the Hon. Minister or Permanent Secretary as the case may be.
- Organize in-house workshops, seminars and symposia to enlighten the staff on the ills of corruption and enlist staff support against it.
- Design programmes to educate staff members on the provisions of the ICPC Act 2000; assist the Ministry to identify and minimize corrupt opportunities
- Issue Circulars and Notices as well as circulate press cuttings on corruption within the Ministry.
- Examine the practices, systems and procedures of the various Departments/Units of the Ministry and where, in the opinion of the Unit, such practices, systems and procedures can facilitate fraud or corruption, to initiate a review of same.
- Advise the various Department/Unit heads of any changes in practices, systems or procedures relevant to the effective discharge of the duty of the department as the Unit deems fit, so as to reduce the likelihood or incidence of bribery, corruption and other related offences;
Director, Legal Services
Omo-Osagie Osabuohien Helen
POSITION: DIRECTOR LEGAL SERVICES.
Date: - February 2013 to Date
MDA: - Federal Ministry of Finance
Job Description: - Director, Legal Services
MEMBERSHIP OF PROPFESSIONAL BODIES
• Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
• International Federation of Women Lawyers
• International Bar Association (IBA)
• International Dispute Resolution Institute
• Have been trained in ADR techniques (Mediation and concilliation)
• Conversant with Microsoft Word, Power Point and use of Internet.
• Currently training to be a PPP (Public-Private Partnership) Contract specialist.
Reading, Puzzles (Crossword, Sudoku) Listening to Music, dancing Watching Sports, visiting new places
Director, F& A.
Mr. Moses Chimereze OKPO (FCA)
Fellow Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria
Associate Member Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
Mr. Okpo Moses C. is a professional of high repute, he assume the position of Director Finance & Accounts, Federal Ministry of Finance with lots of experience acquired over the years. He has previously served as Director – Audit Monitoring in the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (2011 – 2012).
He was at the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation as Deputy Director (Finance & Accounts) between 2010 – 2011. Between 2003 – 2008, Mr Okpo Moses was the Deputy Director and Assistant Director (Finance & Accounts) in the Budget Office of the Federation. He was Assistant Director (Accounts Inspectorate) in the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, Inspectorate Department between 2000 – 2003.
His other places of work are:
Chief Accountant – Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources - 1997 – 1999
Assistant Chief Accountant – National Revenue Mobilization Allocation
and Fiscal Commission - 1994 – 1997
Principal Accountant – National Revenue Mobilization Allocation
and Fiscal Commission - 1991 – 1994
Principal Auditor – Office of the Auditor General for the Federation - 1989 – 1991
Responsible for Management of Accounts and Finances of the MDA, specific duties include:
• Preparation of finance reports and accounts
• Advise on sources, disbursements and management of funds
• Supervision of the preparation of annual budgets
• Review and analysis of technical financial materials for management consideration
Responsible for supervising over 30 professional staff and other support staff, specific duties include:
• Preparation and defence of the Budget of the Ministry
• Ensuring receipt, custody and disbursement of funds.
• Ensuring the maintenance of Accounting Books
• Ensuring preparation of Returns to Accountant-General’s Office.
• Assigning tasks to Head of Units
• Monitoring performance and making of annual evaluation reports of the staff
Master in Business Administration (Executive MBA)
HND – Accountancy
Mr. Moses C. Okpo, a season professional accountant has attended many professional trainings and seminars both local overseas.
He is happily married with children.